The University of Regina has roots in Regina College, a small residential high school established by the Methodist church in 1911. The College grew in size and significance becoming a campus of the University of Saskatchewan and, ultimately, an independent degree granting university – the University of Regina – in 1974.
Its campuses in Regina and Saskatoon are located on Treaty 4 and Treaty 6 territories and the traditional homelands of the Métis. In Regina, the main campus and the historic College Avenue Campus utilize 239 acres and provide an attractive study and work environment for its students, faculty and staff. Both Regina campuses are located in Wascana Centre, one of the largest urban parks in North America and the first in Canada to be created by a tri-level government/education partnership.
The school is situated in a small city called Regina. It has highest rate of International Students studying as compared to any other University. The tuition is fair, and it offers lots of research opportunities.